The Houston Texans are playing Indianapolis Colts for the second time in three weeks as they hope to have a better outcome than their gut-wrenching defeat in the waning seconds of the fourth quarter.
NFL Week 15 Preview: Houston Texans versus Indianapolis Colts
Houston Texans +7:
- It's tough to have confidence in the Houston Texans right now against the spread. They're 4-9 -- not still on the path towards historically bad performance but still pretty bad.
- The one glimmer of hope here is the Indianapolis Colts is much better ATS as the Away team (5-2) than they are as the Home team (3-3).
- However, I'd recommend staying away from a spread bet here.
- Houston has averaged 22.7 pts/game this season, 23.9 pts in the post-O'Brien era.
- Meanwhile, Indianapolis has averaged 29.3 pts/game.
- In total, that gets to 52-53.2 pts (depending on which Hou average you use).
- This call is probably less about how many points Indy can score (most likely a lot, particularly with Jonathan Taylor squaring off against Houston's iffy run defense) and more about Houston.
- The Houston Texans will also be without at least two of their starters on defense, with Brandon Dunn and Justin Reid ruled out for the rest of the season due to injuries.
- If Brandin Cooks is out once again this week, the line is most likely too high, and one would be better off taking the under.
- For now, it sounds like Cooks most likely will be available to play, and with David Johnson also coming off the COVID reserve list, the offense should be in better shape on paper for the upcoming game on Sunday.
- Recommendation: Take the over for now.